Delivery of the Family Booklet
The family booklet is the official document proving the existence of family ties between the different people who form a family. It also includes the dates and places of birth of family members. This booklet is written in Arabic with transcription in Latin characters of first names, surnames, birthplaces and names of parents.
It must be requested by the husband on the occasion of his marriage to enable him to register the birth of his children.
This booklet is issued to the Moroccan spouse registered in civil status by the registrar of his place of birth.
It is delivered exclusively to the husband.
The Moroccan family record book must be presented to the competent registrar of civil status for any change in the civil status or family situation of the owner of the book or a member of his family.
If the applicant of the family record was born abroad and settled permanently in Morocco when he requested the said booklet, the registrar of the place of his residence is also competent to issue him family booklet.
- The "Family Booklet Application", completed and signed;
- Copy of the CNIE of the applicant;
- Copy of the wife's identity document;
- Original of Adulaire or official civil marriage certificate + a photocopy;
- For the spouse: a full copy of the birth certificate or an extract of birth certificate;
- For the Moroccan wife: a full copy of the birth certificate (not the extract of the birth certificate).
- For the wife of a foreign nationality: a full copy of the birth certificate with compulsory mention of filiations: name of the father and mother + a translation in Arabic language.
- Two recent photos in colour of the husband (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm passport format).
The request for the family booklet must be submitted, either :
- Directly by the person concerned to the civil status office of his place of birth (in Morocco or abroad);
- Directly by the person concerned to the civil status office of his place of residence in Morocco if the applicant of the family booklet was born abroad and settled permanently in Morocco;
- By mandating (through a legalised proxy) a person of his choice, for the purpose of filing the application and withdrawing the family booklet at the registry office of his place of birth (in Morocco or abroad);
- In the absence of family members in Morocco, the request may be sent to the State Registrar of the Place of birth, through the Consular Services of Morocco, to which the place of residence belongs
The civil status and identity booklets established before October 2002, are still valid. Any married Moroccan may request to substitute his identity book and civil status by a Family booklet. This application is presented to the registrar office of the place of birth accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of the marriage certificate, marriage confirmation or mutual recognition of marriage for the purpose of taking the marginal mention of the marriage on the birth certificate of the person concerned;
- A copy of the wife's birth certificate so that the registrar carries the marginal marriage notice on his birth certificate;
- A copy of the birth certificate of each child;
- Restitution of the identity and marital status booklet to be kept in the civil status file.